Thursday, December 15, 2011

Best Albums of 2011: The Black Keys - El Camino

I know that this album came out only last week (December 2), but I fell in love with it after first listen. And now I just can't stop listening to this great record. I gotta admit that I got to this band only like 6 months ago, but that doesn't mean I don't know them well.

This blues-rock duo have been on the scene 10 years now and they are getting bigger and bigger (they are set to go on tour next year and they've sold out Madison Square Garden in 15 minutes!). One of the reasons these guys are successful is their really catchy style. They don't play too difficult songs (maybe they used to on their first records), but now they play songs that just go straight to the point. They recently added keyboards on their last two records and I like this change in compare to their previous records, It makes their sound better.

El Camino is fast and short record, but it isn't monotonous. It's got slow songs and also fast songs and great atmosphere. Whole record just make you wanna go to rock concert, drink and just have fun. The most favorite songs on this album for me are "Lonely Boy" (probably the catchiest song), "Gold On The Ceiling" and "Run Right Back", which has awesome guitar.

This record is really fun to listen. It is easy record, but very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment